Ok so I have been sucked into the technology driven world we live in now, and am going to (try) to blog my experiences this upcoming year. So for starters, I will now publicly tell everyone what has been going on since May 2009!
Kindergarten graduation was one to remember. Due to some circumstances, I was put in charge of coordinating and leading the entire kindergarten ceremony (scary)! As nervous as I was though, everything couldn't have gone more smoothly. I presented the parents and staff with a speech followed by a rehearsed ceremony complete with poems and songs that the students put on for everyone. (Still trying to upload the video...it will be on here soon!)
Anyways, later that day I had officially signed my contract for the following year as an aide. Couldn't have been happier, because I loved this past year and honestly couldn't see myself doing anything else next year!
Then June rolled around....and wow! I got a phone call from work one morning (Willie's birthday actually)... and my boss had briefly told me that she had an offer for me and wanted me to come into work ASAP. I thought it might be a small raise, since it had been talked about if the school got the funding. When I got into work though, I was shocked to learn what the offer entailed. They were offering me the pre-school teaching position...complete with a teaching salary, benefits...the works! I couldn't believe it! I was going to have my very own classroom...what an amazing experience!
But the good news didn't stop there. About a week ago, I received an e-mail from work. One of the teachers there had come across a scholarship and had passed along the info to my boss. Evidentally, I qualify for a major scholarship based on my work with children ages birth-5 years. I'm currently waiting for my scholarship packet to come through so I can fill everything out and be ready for the remainder of college :)
So fast-foward to now. I am anxiously waiting for August to roll around...August 17th to be exact lol. So many exciting things...finally! Oh and my plans are to buy a car by December ;-) The rest of my money of course will be going to a house. I can't wait!
SO there ya have it. The absolute latest information in my life! And I will have many more updates on life, love and careers in the near future.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment